8-10 November 2022, Istanbul, Turkey
We look forward to getting together in person to hear from our members and chart a path forward. All carriers are welcome to join us to participate in new learning opportunities across:
- Market Updates
- Vendor Updates
- Fraud Prevention
- Dispute Resolution
- A2P Sales to Billing & Settlement
- Dashboard & Alert Capabilities
- PAI vs FROM
- Last updated: 5 October 2022
Day 1 Tuesday 8 November – Full Day Meeting
Day 1 Evening, Tuesday 8 November – Group Dinner sponsored by ZIRA – All delegates welcome
Day 2 Wednesday 9 November – Full Day Meeting
Day 3 Thursday 10 November – Full Day Meeting
Day 3 Evening, Thursday 10 November – Group Dinner sponsored by LINXA – All delegates welcome
DAY 1 – Tuesday, 8 November 2022
Welcome & Introduction
Delegates Round Table Introduction
The Lightning Review of Every Method Currently Proposed for Authenticating Phone Calls
- Protecting the end user from scams
- Protecting the telco from abuse of origin-based rating
- The base countermeasures
- Blocking international calls with domestic CLIs
- Rich call data
- The disruptors in the authentication market
- Suppliers experimenting with out of band verification communication between telcos
- Academics experimenting with secure two-way validation between user handsets
- A quick tour of other proposals
- Is SHAKEN the authentication mainstream?
- STIR/SHAKEN in the US, Canada and maybe France
- SHAKEN for TDM
- What is “International SHAKEN”?
- Can it be made to work with delegated certificates?
- Or does its future involve distributed ledger technology and something like a self-sovereign identity for every user?
- The Aggregators
- Will multiple national solutions inevitably lead to the creation of a clearing house for authentication?
i3Forum-RAG Survey Findings for Wholesale Fraud
Fraud Prevention, Detection and Management
Workshop: Bill To Cash (B2C) Workstream
Automating Dispute Process for Carrier Services
Group Dinner Sponsored by Zira
(Hotel Rooftop – City Lights Bar)
DAY 2 – Wednesday, 9 November 2022
Revenue Assurance Initiatives in Wholesale Telecom
- Business Assurance; an urgent need for telcos
- Dispute Management: integral component of Revenue Assurance
A2P Business Overview
BTs Journey on B2C
A2P SMS Fraud Management
Workshop: A2P SMS Challenges
- Participants to collaborate, exchange insight and experiences
- Understanding A2P SMS fraud
- A2P Dispute Types, ways to prevent and resolve
- A2P SMS Fraud Prevention Guidelines
- Fraud prevention / solution for Voice OTP fraud, international A2P SMS
5G Roaming, Billing & Settlement, the Age of BCE & Blockchain
Dealing with Sanctioned Countries
- The conflict in Ukraine and trading with Russian operators
- The position from the authorities and the reality from the banks
- Potential solutions and outcomes
Workshop: Billing & Collection for Sanctioned Countries
- How do you keep abreast of the sanctions landscape?
- Mechanisms in your company/organization to assess risk
- Offsets, nettings or mutual transactions?
DAY 3 - Thursday, 10 November 2022
Why Zero Tolerance Fraud Is So Important to Telenor
- Securing Trust
Let's Talk Invoices
Workshop: Dispute Management
- Evolution of disputes
- Evolution of systems to manage disputes
- Pain points
- What can we do as an industry?
What Does Containerization and Continuous Delivery Mean for Wholesale Billing Management and Operations
- Buzzword update – what does it all mean?
- Containerization (Docker, Chef, Puppet)
- Kubernetes K8s (Helm)
- DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Impact on BSS management and operation – Cloud is so last week!
- Container platforms: Openshift, EKS/AKS, Tanzu
- DevOps, CD and CI: SaaS, Managed Service and on premise impact
- CSG strategy and way forward
All Delegates Round Table Discussion – Exchange of Insights on Topical Issues
Topics to include fraud contract clauses, AR insurance, digital innovation, etc.
Ms Debdatta Mallick, GSC Council
Bill to Cash (B2C) Workstream Feedback
Action Plans and Meeting Close
- Delegate feedback
- Topics / issues for inclusion in next GSC Forum
- Next meeting dates and location